An “Operational Management and Marketing Training” seminar was successfully held by Verlinvest and SASAC in Beijing on June 2, 2017Jun 02, 2017
Verlinvest and SASAC1 jointly organized a full-day seminar on June 2, 2017 in Beijing, China.
The objective of that one-day workshop was to provide operational insights and experts’ views around latest market trends to senior executives from Chinese SOEs.
Specifically, the seminar focused on:
- How to navigate cultural differences during negotiations with Western partners;
- Overall investment environment and cross-border M&A trends in Europe and US for Chinese SOEs;
- Human resources challenges in MNCs and SOEs: how to attract, develop, and retain talents;
- How Chinese SOEs (should) embrace the digital and internet revolution;
- Understand today’s Chinese consumers trends and its implication for business.
More than 150 senior executives and managers from 47 different SOEs attended the seminar.
Frédéric de Mevius, Chairman of Verlinvest gave an opening speech. Jean-Christophe von Pfetten, Junling Liu (founder of 1HD.com and 111.com) and Harry Hui (founding Managing Partner of ClearVue Partners) presented and led various sessions.
1 SASAC: State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission, a special commission of the People’s Republic of China, directly under the State Council. SASAC is responsible for managing the SOEs (State-Owned Enterprises), including appointing top executives and approving any mergers or sales of stock or assets, as well as drafting laws related to SOEs. SASAC currently oversees 101 centrally owned companies, with combined revenues in excess of USD 2 trillion.